Italian Dinner Done Right!
I am SO in love with the 2B Mindset approach to eating! And even more ?? I can't WAIT to share tons of the delicious recipes HERE!
What's even better? Zero calorie counting, zero containers, zero guilt, AND ALWAYS feeling FULL & SATISFIED!
For most people, the idea of never being "allowed" to eat lasagna again ... or almost anything Italian style ... just doesn't work. On top of that, if you are following a restrictive approach to eating, you're just going to feel guilty when you DO end up eating Italian foods.
Let's back up a quick sec! Change the recipe slightly ... eat your Italian dinner with JOY ... and start enjoying every single meal!
Italian Lasagna Rollups and Eggplant Rounds
Dinner Recipe Serves 4-6
1 Box Explore Cuisine Lentil Lasagna Noodles (or brown rice lasagna noodles)
1 Large Eggplant
2 Bags of Frozen Organic Spinach
2 Organic Eggs
1 1/2 Cups of Part Skim Ricotta
2-3 Cups of Marinara Sauce (I really like Muir Glen marinara sauce!)
4 oz. of Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Garlic and Onion Powder (optional)
Fresh or Dried Chopped Oregano or Basil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fill a large pot with water and bring up to a boil.
3. While water is heating, slice the eggplant into 1/4-1/2" disks and lay out over a pan lined with tin foil or parchment paper coated in olive oil spray. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with a tiny bit of salt and let them sit on the tray.
(The eggplant will begin to "sweat" and release water droplets on the surface - very cool - and very important so you don't have soggy lasagna!)
4. Defrost the 2 bags of spinach in a large microwave safe bowl. You could also defrost it the night before in the refrigerator, if you remember. Squeeze out all of the excess liquid from the spinach using a cheese cloth, kitchen towel, or your hands.
(If you have time, I personally like to sautee the spinach with a little olive oil, garlic & onions. It gives it a great flavor!)
5. To the boiled water, add lasagna noodles for just 2-3 minutes so they become rollable. Dab up the water from the sweaty eggplants and pop into the oven for just 2-3 minutes to soften them further.
6. To the drained spinach, add the eggs and ricotta, and any spices you like such as garlic, onion, basil, and oregano. Mix to combine.
7. Take out the lasagna noodles and separate them. To a large baking dish, add a little marinara on the bottom. Next, lay out a lasagna noodle, spread a thin layer of the spinach mix, then roll up and place in the dish. Repeat.
8. Take out the eggplant, and make a sandwich with the spinach filling (seen above).
9. Top both dishes with some tomato sauce and cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until cheese gets bubbly.
And you didn't think I'd forget about those brownies, did you?? The recipe is HERE!!
Leave a Reply.
Hey there!! I'm Margy! :) I love chatting about all things health & fitness, so grab a seat and stay a while :) xo