I really don't know why it's taken me SO long! I LOVE the idea of quick, grab-and-go egg muffins for breakfast or a snack! They always LOOK amazing - and seem SO easy!
Now that I'm following a timed-nutrition approach to eating, having meals READY TO GO is a life-saver!
I finally got my happy-dappy little self in gear, took 5 minutes to mix up the ingredients between the kiddos' drop-off and pick-up from school on Friday, and I am SO hooked!
These little muffins are PACKED with protein, veggies, fiber and they keep my energy high until my next meal (in about 2-3 hours! ;)
Definitely going into my meal rotation!!
Really, you can put whatever you want into these cups! I modified this Beachbody recipe here - had to make a few changes because I didn't have all the ingredients!
Broccoli, Turkey Bacon, & Quinoa Egg Cups
For these egg cups, I combined eggs, turkey bacon, sauteed onions & red peppers & broccoli florets, and quinoa!
Prep Time 24 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 39 minutes
Servings 8 servings, 2 each
Calories 155 kcal
If you're working hard in the gym or studio classes, it's SO important to fuel your body with the right foods! These are a great start to any day.
Because seriously - why wipe out all your hard work with the next meal you eat??
My next fitness support & accountability group begins February 12th!
Email me for more details or read more here!
Is Shakeology Really Worth It??
I'm asked a lot if I really think Shakeology makes a difference to people's results.
And I can absolutely, 110% say YES every single time I answer. For me, I started drinking it back in 2013 right after I had Lila.
I was at a friend's house and remember thinking at first, "Oh great, some "new" shake." I was very skeptical and very particular about what supplements & nutrients I ate.
I immediately read the ingredients list.
I fully expected to see basic ingredients, minimum nutritional values and lots of hard to pronounce ingredients.
What I saw instead was a FULL list of phytonutrients, superfoods, herbal foods, probiotics, prebiotics, adaptogens and MORE!
Plus, there were absolutely no artificial ANYTHINGS - No colorings, preservatives, flavorings, NADA!
I felt a bit sheepish that I didn't have more of an open mind at the time!! Pretty funny now looking back, right?
Since then, I can hands down say that making Shakeology a mainstay in my meal plan has been a TOTAL game changer for me!
It helps keep me on track every single day!
1. I can absolutely tell when I've missed a couple of days (I've forgotten to pack it on a couple of trips before.)
2. My digestion, energy, (lack of) cravings, & feelings of fullness are AMAZING! I can easily pass over sweets when I've had my Shakeology. And it keeps me full & energized for hours!
3. It's easy! I know that it's a quick & solid meal when I throw in a handful of spinach, 1/2 a banana and maybe some berries!
4. It's delicious. I actually didn't like the taste when I first started drinking it - TRUTH! But now I blend it, never shake it!
My favorite recipe has creamy almond butter, coconut milk, chocolate shakeo, and banana or strawberries - DELISH!
5. I've seen it help SO many others reach their goals! My customers, coaches on my team, other coach's customers - this stuff is AWESOME!